There are many measures available for controlling traffic and stopping unauthorised entry onto sites such as bollards, barriers and gates. But a very effective method, typically used for high security sites are the use of rising kerbs and road blockers. Here we discuss what they are, how they work and why they can be good for keeping your business safe.
What are rising kerbs and road blockers?
Road blockers (also known as rising kerbs) are an effective way of preventing unwanted vehicle entry onto your property and site. They are tough, reliable and uncompromising as well as extremely durable, meaning they are a great choice for many businesses who want to ensure their site is as secure as possible.
They are hydraulic operated which is an effective way of controlling them and also includes an emergency lower system incorporated into the design, meaning they will still be effective even if you temporarily lost power.
Why are they useful?
Rising kerbs and road blockers are useful in many ways, the main being:
- They are a robust form of security that is durable so they will last
- They need minimum maintenance
- They can be used in both manned and unmanned areas
- They are a strong visual deterrent for intruders
- They come in varying heights of 340mm for cars/ vans, 500mm for more security and 800mm for HGVs and ultimate security
- They can be made in varying widths from 2m-5m depending on the size of your site entrance or car park
- They can be controlled with proximity cards, token acceptors, keypad, intercom and many more making it flexible to suit your business needs
- Optional extras can include warning signage, warning sirens or LED traffic lights, again all depending on your individual requirements
- They are difficult to vandalise
Although road blockers tend to be a solution for high security sites such as military bases and government buildings, a range of other businesses who want to protect their site can benefit from using them as well, such as distribution warehouses or retail. If your business is vulnerable to a threat of vehicle attack, then a road blocker is the best solution for protection. Even if the vehicle is large and going at high speed, the road blocker will cause enough damage from the impact that the vehicle will stop moving.
To find out more about what rising kerb and road blocker options are available for your business, please contact us on 01522 682255 for a free, no obligation and feasibility survey to assess your perimeter security equipment.